I decided to let everyone know about my schedule because I feel that it really helps show how different everyone’s experiences are in the EPIK program.
- I was given the freedom to pick and choose my classes. Most of my NET friends were given their schedule.
- I only see Grade 2 students weekly. Grade 1 and Grade 3 students I see bi-weekly. (i.e. I see Grades 1 and 2 one week, Grades 2 and 3 the following week, and so on.) That is why it looks like some days I have 2 classes meeting at the same time; I don’t. I’ll see one the first week and the other the second week.
- I ended up having 6 co-teachers. That’s right. Six. For one school, too.
- My students are tested into 2 levels: highs and lows. High-level classes have an average of 16 students, low-level classes have an average of 8 students. They are indicated on the schedule as L for low and H for high.
- Middle school classes last for 45 minutes. Passing time between classes is 10 minutes. My first class (if I have a first period) starts at 8:50a and if I have a seventh period it ends at 3:50p. My workday is 8:20a – 4:20p. Lunch is after fourth period (12:20p) for 50 minutes.
|1||L 3-1/3-2||L 3-4|
|H 1-2||H 1-3
|L 2-1/2-2||H 3-2|
|3||H 2-3||L 2-5/2-6||L 2-3/2-4||L 1-5
|4||H 2-4||L 1-1/1-2||H 1-5|
|5||H 2-6||L 1-4
|H 2-2||H 2-5||H 3-6|
|6||H 1-1||H 3-4|
|7||H 3-5||H 2-1|